• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Not a sailor anymore

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
adamthier
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: rowayton CT

Not a sailor anymore

Post by adamthier »

after 30 years of sailboat ownership -- racing and cruising -- finally have come over to the full time iron genny side with a 35CB. absolutely love the boat -- does so many things so well. Couldn't get my head around life at 8knts in trawler, nor deal with the whole "trapped inside" helm position of a "classic" downeast yacht. I needed a boat I could get on and off the dock myself (and the 4 steps from the CB make that super easy) -- as well as spend weeks prowling anchorages in the NE. Going to do the dumb thing and fully refit it stem to stern.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Not a sailer anymore

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Adam! You have my dream boat. We look forward to seeing photos and hearing about your projects. It's a long winter...
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “New Member Introductions”