• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member: FIVEPLAY

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
FIVEPLAY
Deckhand
Deckhand

New Member: FIVEPLAY

Post by FIVEPLAY »

As the temperature climbs above 40 and spring is a few weeks away, thoughts turn to the beautiful 2007 Albin 28 on a lift in my yard. I purchased the boat last July. I was very happy to find this site and all of the information that you all share. My children are relatively young (7, 4, 1) so I do not know how much long distance cruising we will do in the near term but we all love the boat. I will post pictures in the near future. (translated- as soon as my seven year old shows me how)

Great Job Mr. Collins!

Tom, Cindy, Ashley, Amanda, Tommy
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Welcome to the group. "beautiful 2007 Albin 28 on a lift in my yard" - Now I'm jealous. I have just about an hour's commute to get to mine.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Fiveplay,
Oceanside? Looks like your in the middle of both Rendezvous'. Welcome to the group. Looking forward to the pictures.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

A 2007 eh! Looks like you have one of the last of the breed. Congratulations.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Glad to see another South Shore guy on this board!!! Welcome 5-play.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: New Member

Post by RobS »

FIVEPLAY wrote: My children are relatively young (7, 4, 1) ....
My girls are 6 & 8. so we're in the same "boat" - except yours is a little newer :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Fiveplay welcome to the board. I am wondering which boat you bought, I live in Sayville and go to Whitewater often and check out what they have. I would be willing to bet I have been on your boat to check it out (am guessing it was the blue hull with L seating) ?
There is one more brand new 28 in there yard, but just yesterday I saw a sticker on it, I wonder if its sold too. Its a shame I wont see any more.

Anyway there seems to be more and more greatsouthbay Albins. I am looking to find some new places to go, where do you go with yours ?
Hope to see everyone out there soon....

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome

Post by RicM »

Welcome to the board as well. Awful weather here in the NE today. Heading down to the boatyard with new electronics and try to figure out were to cut next. Keep the faith, our bottoms will all be wet soon.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
FIVEPLAY
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by FIVEPLAY »

Matt,

You are right I bought the 28 with the "L" seating that was out front and just next to the entrance. Didn't get so much use out of it last summer as my son was just a year old and we kept close to home. We did go to Fire Island "Flynns" for a couple of days. When we left Flynns we went outside from FI to Jones and picked up a fog bank at Tobay. We ran the rest of the way w/ vis closing to 50 yards. Thank God for the new radar. We love this boat. Just heard that they are getting cod offshore out of FI. This Wednesday we're going to recommission her.

Regarding Whitewater, they have been great on every issue I have had. They are a great bunch of guys.

Return to “New Member Introductions”