• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ALBIN 36 TRAWLER

Pauld
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Newport Beach

ALBIN 36 TRAWLER

Post by Pauld »

I'm considering a 2002 Albin 36 Trawler and would like to know:

1. Can the hardtop cockpit cover be removed...or is it an integral part of the boat? Can I unbolt it?
2. If it can't be removed, can it support 2-3 people topside...of course, I would add railings
3. Most important, how is the boat at anchor in the ocean? I intent to spend a lot of time at anchor and don't like to rock & roll

Any info and feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: ALBIN 36 TRAWLER

Post by jcollins »

36 ET or classic trawler?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Pauld
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Newport Beach

Post by Pauld »

My questions were for the 36' Express Trawler.

Thanks.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I believe the cover can be removed, but may require some cosmetic work to make it look good without it. As for the capacity, I can tell you that we keep an 11' RIB up there with a 20hp engine. Last weekend I had about six people sitting on the stern edge and, although it made me feel uncomfortable with it, I saw no noticeable flex or cracking. I DID add a support post amidship to the transom. Just some 1" ss tubing, but it reduced flexing a lot. That roof has proven to be a lot more sturdy than I ever imagined. I can tell you that it is made with two layers of plywood (I believe 3/4" each, but maybe just 1/2") with a layer of fiberglass between, and then obviously encapsulated top and bottom.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”