• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bow Pulpit Bezel

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Bow Pulpit Bezel

Post by Paddy »

Last September, another boater was not paying attention and took his 2020 Rinker 25' bowrider under the pulpit of my docked Albin. He removed the port side of his front windshield and side glass along with the canopy, I received some bow scratches and a twisted bezel. Albin - 1 / Rinker - 0.

10 months later, a simple fix has turned into nothing but frustration. My marina claimed they were capable of the repairs but from April on, nothing was done. I asked multiple times for a written estimate and alignment on what I expected, but that never happened. They did manage to install a new bezel but I could have sworn the original bezel was bedded with silicon plus the screws. This one is only screwed on. It looks fine but minor gaps exist around the turns. I can live with minor imperfections but shouldn't it be sealed too?

Thanks,

Rob
2004 28TE

Return to “Albin Maintenance”