• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2004 Albin 30 Family Cruiser advice requested

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
morando06
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Virginia

2004 Albin 30 Family Cruiser advice requested

Post by morando06 »

Hello, I am new to the AOG, but it seems there is a wealth of information here and owners who should be able to provide ample assistance and advice.
I've been out of the boating world for several years now, but looking to get back into it with my family. Without breaking the bank, I've located what appears to be a clean 2004 30' Family Cruiser. She has spent almost her entire life in fresh water. She is powered by a Perkins which puts her at about 11kt cruising speed which I'm totally fine with as I am looking for efficiency and not looking to go anywhere quickly.

Any help/advice/recommendations would be much appreciated in answering the following questions as I am not overly familiar with Albins.

1. How would you rate the overall build and hull quality for the 2004 Albin Family Cruiser?
2. Where was this model boat built?
3. Any major issues/concerns to look for when performing an inspection/survey on this particular model?
4. Do I need to worry about soft spots, stringer issues, etc.?
5. Any additional pros/cons?
6. Is she worth pursuing or should I steer clear?

With a family of 5, this boat is the perfect size, within my budget, and has a rather appealing look. My ultimate goal is to do the loop in segments, but don't want the fun of an adventure to be plagued with constant repairs and risk to safety due to poor quality.

Many thanks for your input and look forward to hearing form you.

-Matt

Return to “New Member Introductions”