• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Found a TE 31 for sale with incredibly low hours

Selling your Albin? List it here. Doing upgrades and want to share your usable stuff? Looking for a good deal? No commercial listings please.

Moderator: Nancy

Forum rules
Links to external personal sites and photo hosting sites are allowed. Links to dealers, brokers, eBay, etc., will be edited/removed by the moderators.
We strongly encourage you post pictures and details directly within your ad.
PilgrimPaul
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Edgewater Yacht Club Cleveland, Ohio

Found a TE 31 for sale with incredibly low hours

Post by PilgrimPaul »

So I did find a TE 31 available in Maryland, the boat having lived along the Chesapeake. The boat is a 2002 with only 336 hours on both Yanmar 315’s.
Is this low hour status incredibly lucky or potentially dangerous? I don’t have engine numbers yet to determine exposure to the dreaded exhaust valve issue. Please advise us of your thoughts. We have a real nice TE 28 but the Mrs. Wanted a bigger boat for future cruising. We have averaged about 100 hours run time each year. Thanks much for any help.
Davil11
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Morehead City NC

Re: Found a TE 31 for sale with incredibly low hours

Post by Davil11 »

if things work out on the TE 31 will be interested on your 28, please keep me in mind and let me know.

good luck

David
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

I saw that 31. I’m also in Maryland. I would want a full survey on both motors and service records before I proceeded. It may be fine but some people think that less hours means less maintenance but the clock is still ticking when it comes to marine age. I did meet a gentleman last weekend that is friends with the owner wnd said he is very particular.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
PilgrimPaul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PilgrimPaul »

Jkraft, thanks for the intel. I think that you are right on track about understanding the boat’s history before getting too excited about the number of hours, I appreciate your response and will heed your advice.
Best, Paul S
PilgrimPaul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PilgrimPaul »

Our offer on this boat was accepted! We are both very excited and terrified! Hull and engine surveys are scheduled for next week. Any TE 31 Owners want to tell me anything specific to look for, please advise. Many thanks!
GGAlbinTherapy
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Sausalito

Post by GGAlbinTherapy »

If my prior lengthy reply does not go through, here’s my advise I learned from buying a 31 sight unseen: maintenance records and rely on a certified Yanmar Mechanic to do the engine surveys.

Return to “Swap / Trade / Sell”