• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Peninsular raw water pump

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

johngus
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: amity harbor NY

Peninsular raw water pump

Post by johngus »

Was cruising in the boat this weekend
The pulley on the raw water pump came off.i immediately shut down engine before it got hot. The pump is a Johnson pump. Looking at UD diesel there is a roll pin that goes through the pump shaft. There is no hole on this pump shaft. Thinking it was an improvement peninsular may have done and wondering if UD’d pump is drilled to accept the roll pin. Has anyone replaced their pump and run into this. My pulley is a little beat up like someone was hammering it on at some point so I ordered a new pulley roll pin and key.
alexlimonte
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dania Beach

Re: Peninsular raw water pump

Post by alexlimonte »

Hey John, I know your post is old but yeah my original pump had a roll pin in it. I just replaced my pump and had to drill the shaft out to accept the roll pin. Unfortunately I’m having another problem where the pump pulley now sits to far aft and it hitting the upper bracket and of course the alignment is off.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”