• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

boat jack stands

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jwhitaker6019
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Boston / Mystic River

boat jack stands

Post by jwhitaker6019 »

I have a 28te and looking for the correct size for the boat stands for storing in the yard this winter. any help is appreciated. also the chain length and size would be helpful. thanks.

Josh
"Big Blue"
Albin 28TE 315 yanmar 2002
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: boat jack stands

Post by Pitou »

jwhitaker6019 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:25 pm I have a 28te and looking for the correct size for the boat stands for storing in the yard this winter. any help is appreciated. also the chain length and size would be helpful. thanks.

Josh
"Big Blue"
Albin 28TE 315 yanmar 2002

I had the following Brownell boat stands for my 28TE and then added a pair of SB2's when I acquired my 31TE:

2- SB3: Sailboat Stands - Height 35" to 52"

2 - MB1: Motorboat Stands - Height 33" to 50" (stern) 

Chain is 3/16 galvanized, but I can't recall the needed length.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jwhitaker6019
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Boston / Mystic River

Re: boat jack stands

Post by jwhitaker6019 »

Hindsight is 20/20. I ended up getting 6 MB1 stands. Back was fine but ended up having to swap the bow with taller stands for stability. going to try to see if I can make a taller base out of white oak this summer so that the rear stands are not fully extended. Seems to have made it through the winter OK. Next time i visit I'll get some measurements from the ground to the hull in case someone wants to know the heights. I used 6 stands total. the skeg keel sits on a big slab of oak. bow is suspended. The boat sits down forward so without shrink wrap water tends to navigate to the forward bilge. I plan to address cracks in the skupper drains this spring. I was getting rain water in the bilge last summer.

370 HP 28.. that boat must have had some legs.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”