• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 Lehman 4D61 Injector Pump Bleed Screw?

Albin's "power cruisers"
rmboelens
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mississippi

A27 Lehman 4D61 Injector Pump Bleed Screw?

Post by rmboelens »

Hi,

I'm the new owner of my A27 and needing to bleed the fuel system of air after changing filters. In looking at manual, I found the lower bleed screw on the injector pump (top photo) but seems as if the upper screw is missing (second photo). I may be disoriented so hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

No fuel comes out of where I think the upper screw should be so a bit confused.

Guidance appreciated:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mark B.
1984 Albin 27 FC
Lehman 4D61
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Re: A27 Lehman 4D61 Injector Pump Bleed Screw?

Post by sail149 »

Mark they used / different fuel pumps so not all the same bleed screws, did you have air in system after changing filter? You may need to be cranking engine or pumping prime lever to get air out . But just changing filters should not automatically induce air into fuel system
Cheers Warren
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”