• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Lanocote???

Mike Monte
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Lanocote???

Post by Mike Monte »

Some of the power boaters in my area coat their props with Lanocote to prevent growth, etc.
Those that do say that it works well.

Looking at the ingredients in Lanocote, it is mostly lanolin....

Fluid-film (a popular automobile undercoating) is also mostly derived from lanolin......
Fluid-film is also way-less expensive...

I think that I'm going to Fluid-film a try on my running gear this season....

Has anyone else done so?
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Re: Lanocote???

Post by MadMoney »

Hey Mike -

I have not heard of Lanocote but the prop shop I use here in Seattle has a product called Propspeed. The products sound similar...

I didn't opt in for the Propspeed as I was told it isn't really necessary for a boat that moves back and forth from salt to freshwater.

Keep us posted!

Anthony Warren
1999 28' Albin MadMoney
JoeinBristol
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bristol, Rhode Island

Re: Lanocote???

Post by JoeinBristol »

Lanocote is a waxy product that's applied like cold cream and provides a coating that is hard for creatures to grab onto. It wears off fairly easily.

PropSpeed, often applied by professionals, is an expensive, two-part polymer coating that adheres to the propellor for a long time. It provides a super-slick surface so that critters get thrown off when the prop starts spinning.

Zinc-rich cold-galvanizing paint works well. Pettit makes one in a spray can, but some boaters simply use Rust-O-Leum's version. Kinda toxic to barnacles, but unlike copper-containing bottom paint it won't eat away your bronze prop.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”