• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Great day to own an Albin

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Great day to own an Albin

Post by jcollins »

Maybe it's just the kid in me but I still love to turn around and see that wake. There was a small craft warning on Saturday. 3-4' chop on the bay. We still went fishing. Didn't catch anything. Too rough. But it was a great day to own an Albin.

John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

I know exactly what you mean, I still do it and all I can say is that it looks "COOL". We get allot of wind chop on San Francisco Bay especially in the summer. Being on a Albin makes it doable. You can alway tuck behind an Island for some fishable water.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I feel your pride. I had a group come in this weekend..one from Ottawa Canada....and it was blowing 20 to 25 with 3 to 4 foot seas. We made the run around stove point from Jackson Creek and fished all day. Quite a ride for a short distance but once we were behind land it was a great day. I don't believe I would have tried that in many other boats.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Great day to own an Albin

Post by Pitou »

jcollins wrote:Maybe it's just the kid in me but I still love to turn around and see that wake. Didn't catch anything. Too rough. But it was a great day to own an Albin.

I often have the same feeling and still catch myself mesmerized in that wake. This photo was taken on delivery day coming home through Buzzard's Bay, spring '04."

[img][img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/ ... rSmall.jpg[/img][/img]
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Wake, what wake?
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Looks like you got me beat Chief!
John
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

My Albin's wake (at 12-16 knots) provided quite a thrill for my grandaughters and nieces when tubing this summer. Getting outside the wake and then back in was not easy and after each one managed to accomplish it upright, they got quite a cheer from the observers. Even the five year old who had never tubed before managed it. I can only imagne what it would be like jumping it on skiis or a wake board...way too much for my old body to experience.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Richard wrote:My Albin's wake (at 12-16 knots) provided quite a thrill for my grandaughters and nieces when tubing this summer. Getting outside the wake and then back in was not easy and after each one managed to accomplish it upright, they got quite a cheer from the observers. Even the five year old who had never tubed before managed it. I can only imagne what it would be like jumping it on skiis or a wake board...way too much for my old body to experience.
Richard - I'm not far behind you in age. Try the tube. The old body can take it for a little while. Plus the kids love to see us fall off!
John

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”