• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Another Burgee Will Fly Next Season ** PHOTOS ADDED 12/03**

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talked about

Post by RicM »

Rob:

You were the source of several conversations and speculations. The past Saturday when your original trip was planned I was building the frame for my shrink wrap on the hard at Wickford Ship Yard and we were watching to the North to try and see you go by. There was much discussion of the weather and your trip.

Owning an Albin is kind of like the old days when you owned an MG or a Triumph. You always waved to other owners. I can't tell you how many times my 1959 MGA broke down (many) and someone would stop to help and say they used to own one of these "try pumping the gas while I hold my hand over the carbs" etc.

Glad you had had a safe trip.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rt11002003 »

Ric,

You folks keep taking me back into the past. Having owned both a MG and a Triumph I remember the waving very well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the first Albin on the TN River to wave at. Supposedly, there are a couple of A27s and one A25 on the river, but it's a long, long river.

However, all the "Loopers" and the trawlers wave at us. So we don't feel neglected.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Here are some photos my buddy took on Friday's ride home to LI from RI.

A stern shot and me in my cold weather pajamas:

Beautiful morning in Wickford RI:

Taking note of the rooftop flag straightened out by the wind:

Bug Light at Orient Harbor Long Island:

Greenport docks and another stiff flag:

Shelter Island Ferry:

Shelter Island Heights (Literally):

Someone's little summer getaway in Quogue Canal, The Hamptons:

Wake, What Wake?

I'd Rather Be Boating Than Roofing. That place is on the ocean and it's blowin' 25!

1 of the 3 Small Bridges we had to clear. This looks like one of the higher ones:

Another little summer getaway along the Quogue Canal:

The setting sun:

Home at last. On the floater for now for easier cleaning, access, etc. We also have a 3-sided slip with shorepower cut in on the other end of the bulkhead where she'll go next season:

Last edited by RobS on Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Rob -
Beautiful shots. OMG those are some nice digs. I'd take the garage never mind the house. The "little" getaway on the canal looks perfect to me. Nothing several million wouldn't help you acquire.

Nice trip home and good looking boat.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Those are beautiful shots, if you had not told us that it was a cold windy winter day I could imagine a beautiful spring day. Thanks for posting them. :P
Some of the most beautiful and might I say expensive real estate in the country, but sure great to look at. Im a carpenter and it is good to see that there are still some true craftsman out there, capable of building houses like that.
No matter how many Albins I see, I still think they are some of the best looking boats on the water. You have a beauty there. Welcome
Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Great pics.
Awesome homes in the Hamptons!

Begs the question: "Are they really happy?".............. :lol:
Bob