• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NEW MEMBER WANTED A 28TE

Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Thanks Ric. That looks really handy but I will have to think about it. I never like to drill a hole in the boat unless I really need it. Russ
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rod Holders

Post by RicM »

I was down at the boatyard today shrink wrapping and snapped a pic of the rod holders mounted on the engine box.
These are quite handy, and only required drilling 4 small holes in the motor box wall. The only thing I don't do is leave casting plugs with treble hooks on the rods. They tend to catch me at about sleeve level.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Thanks for posting the picture, Ric. They look really handy especially because the rods will be protected from salt spray when running under most conditions. I'll have to think about those holes. I already have several extra holes in the engine box because the previous owner mounted the life raft there. I moved it to the cabin top to free up the seating and make it easier to open the engine box.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Holes

Post by RicM »

The nice thing about drilling holes in fiberglass is you can, with a little effort and skill, fill them in and blend them with the existing surface pretty well if they are no linger needed. My buddy Dave can mix up a little brew of resin in a dixie cup and match most surfaces so that no one ever notices.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Ric, so how do we get in touch with your buddy Dave? I sure could use him. :lol:
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”