• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Carpeting in Cabin

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Carpeting in Cabin

Post by Pitou »

Has anyone replaced their cabin/galley snap-in carpeting? Does anyone know who provides this to Albin? The only marking on the galley/cabin carpeting is on the back side in black marker, a big 28 . My carpet is pretty worn after 6 seasons. It sure would be easier to order from whoever has the pattern, though I know it could be done locally. The other thought is an upgrade to Teak & Holley or the Plas-teek Legacy installed. I thought I would start here before calling Ken at Standish Boat Yard.

Alas, the begining of the winter projects!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

If you do end up just replacing the carpet this might be a helpful tip. While looking at several Albins before buying I did notice that one of the owners took the carpet out and had it trimed and edged out around the table base. This allowed them to remove it for cleaning without having to take all of the screws out of the table base. I am sure with your old carpets as templates you could find someone local to replace. Although the teak and holly sure look nice!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Fogg~Dogg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boat Carpet Likely Source

Post by Fogg~Dogg »

Bristol Cushions in Bristol, RI.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Our snap-in carpet is worn and disgusting after just three seasons. The Admiral is currently working on having a replacement made locally.
Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

carpets

Post by Mike Ebert »

I am having carpets made right now. I took the existing rugs to a local carpet store and they traced the shapes and are now hemming the edges. I have to put in the snaps, I found an online source for marine grade stainless quality:

http://www.seattlefabrics.com/snap_fast ... de%20Snaps.

I got a good quality carpet and it will cost $560 plus the cost of the snap fasteners for a 31TE. The previous owners had laid an industrial type black rubber pad underneath for what I suppose was sound proofing. I will probably just put a thick conventional pad and see how it compares.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”