• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bad Cutlass Bearing

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Jim Stevens
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham, MA

Bad Cutlass Bearing

Post by Jim Stevens »

I have an 2003 28 TE Flush Deck with a 315 Yanmar. At the end of this past season I developed a vibration. After the boat was out of the water I found the cutlass bearing had about a 1/4" of travel. I ordered a new bearing and removed the old one. The new bearing was about 7" long and the one I removed was about 3" in length. Running the boat so far this season I haver found the vibration has stopped and the speed is up about 2 knots at 3000 rpm where I usually run.

Vibration/imbalance can be such a thief to speed and performance. Having a preowned boat and discovering sins of the past has vet to dampen my spirit or the enjoyment I have received from owning this magnificent craft.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Bad Cutlass Bearing

Post by WillieC »

That’s the spirit!
Motor on!
pedrosham
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: San Francisco

Re: Bad Cutlass Bearing

Post by pedrosham »

I need to order a new Cutlass bearing for my 2002 Albin 28 Tournament Express. Which one did you get?

Return to “Albin Maintenance”