• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member, Gary J

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Gary J
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Sarasota, Fl

New member, Gary J

Post by Gary J »

Wow, what a fantastic site! I was looking for information about the factory closing when I discovered this site. I wish I had known about it some time ago.

My wife and I are owners of a 2004 28TE, Amber J. We ordered her from the factory through K & A Yachts in Palmetto Florida and took delivery in January 2004. We love the boat. This is the second 28TE we have owned. The first one was a 1995 that we owned from 95 to 99. When it came time to consider a new boat again we couldn't find anything we liked better. We had some concerns about manueverability with the first one. When the factory told us they had started putting a larger squared rudder and a more powerful bow thruster, that sealed the deal. They also allowed us to order it with a right hand prop, which really helps with our usual port side docking. The 315 Yanmar has been flawless. The quietest and smoothest diesel I have ever encountered.

We have taken several trips to the Florida Keys from our home port in Sarasota Florida. We have had some beautiful crossings and others that made us glad to be on an Albin, even though they do roll quite a bit. A few years ago we were in route to the keys but had to spend our week vacation in the Marco Island area since the seas were too rough to reach our intended destination of Key West. One week later Hurricane Charlie came through so it could have been much worse.

I look forward to sharing information and learning more about these great boats on this site.

Gary J
2004 28 TE
The Amber J
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

A 2 Albin owner, wow now that is a testament to the boat. As I'm sure you found out already we like these boats :D
I'll beat others to the punch and say welcome to the board and when you have a chance post some pics.... Very nice place the keys !!!

You did not mention whether you 2004 was a flush deck, as your 95 was the engine box model it would be interesting to hear from someone who has real time on the boat to describe any handling differences between them, if there are any...

Welcome

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Welcome

Post by Legacy »

Glad to have new members. And keep the faith, Albin will be back! I'm on my second Albin. We liked the 28 so much we stayed with the line and got the Albin 35te. Enjoy the board and post some pics.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Gary,
Welcome to the board!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Gary J
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Sarasota, Fl

engine box vs flush deck

Post by Gary J »

mhanna wrote:A 2 Albin owner, wow now that is a testament to the boat. As I'm sure you found out already we like these boats :D
I'll beat others to the punch and say welcome to the board and when you have a chance post some pics.... Very nice place the keys !!!

You did not mention whether you 2004 was a flush deck, as your 95 was the engine box model it would be interesting to hear from someone who has real time on the boat to describe any handling differences between them, if there are any...

Welcome

Matt
cdahmen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cdahmen »

Welcome Gary, I am also a new member and will soon purchase a 28Te. This will be #6 but first Albin. In this group there is a Florida chapter as you may know by now.I live in Burnt Store Marina, Punta Gorda Fl. and a possible rendevous for Albin owners may be here. If it happens I hope to see you there. Carl
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Welcome to the group. Another multi Albin owner. Very good. We have had an Albin since 1986 when we got our A27AC. Got the 1996 32 late 99. It is great to go to boat shows &, realistically, NOT see anything that I would prefer to have over my 32.

My group of very close boating friends includes some georgeous boats such as a Sabre 42 Express, a couple of 40 something sundeck trawlers & a couple of 50 something MYs. Don't have envyitis on any of them. That Sabre IS kinda nice though :wink: .
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “New Member Introductions”