• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Peninsular low oil pressure

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

ArmyFish
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Bay, FL

Peninsular low oil pressure

Post by ArmyFish »

I have a 1996 Penisular Diesel with ~ 1000 hours and a low oil pressure issue. I bought it a few months ago and have been running it to test it out. It runs perfectly smooth without any strange noises on Rotella SAE 40 oil. I’m looking to see if anyone has had the same issue and if there are fixes or info? Cold start up reading is about 30 psi. Operating warm about 2900 rpm it reads about 20 psi. When I throttle down to idle with the engine warm it drops below 5psi and jumps back up when I give it some throttle. I confirmed the gauge readings are correct with a mechanical gauge. I also installed a digital auto meter gauge to find out how low the pressure was dropping. The engine moves the boat easily to 19 knots at 2900 rpm. I received excellent results when I did oil analysis. No indication of bearing wear. I’m about to replace the oil bypass valve and the plug next to it if I can get to it with engine in boat.
hp4570
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Preston

Re: Peninsular low oil pressure

Post by hp4570 »

My Peninsular does the same thing after running for a bit. I just keep the RPM over 11-1200 for a few minutes until the engine temp drops. My oil pressure is a steady 50 psi even when running, even when the engine temp is 180'ish though.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”