• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Trash can placement on Albin 28TE Flush Deck

Trisailor382
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Trash can placement on Albin 28TE Flush Deck

Post by Trisailor382 »

The Admiral is at a loss as to where a lesser odorous trash receptacle can be placed on our new to us 28 Flush Deck. We overnight and do extended cruising, so space is a premium. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck W/Yanmar 315
"Wayfarer"
2011 Windrider 17 Trimaran
Former:
1993 Corsair F-27 Trimaran
elad9000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart FL

Re: Trash can placement on Albin 28TE Flush Deck

Post by elad9000 »

We use a small pop-up trash can that we tie to a small hook located under the cabinet for the electrical panel in the cabin. Velcro strap holds the trash bag in place. Trash can does not knock over in weather and is easily accessible from both inside the cabin and from the helm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LY ... =UTF8&th=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dale Purdy
enJOYCEment
2000 28 TE 1800 hrs
Stuart, FL
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Ah, the age-old question! We used a Hefty step-on 2-gallon trash can with lid, and put it under the dinette table directly in front of the pedestal. There wasn't enough clearance for the lid to fully open with the table down, but it opened enough. Although Hefty shows this can on its website, a quick search to actually buy it doesn't produce any results.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
BRISWISH
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Middle River, Maryland

Post by BRISWISH »

I'm a Flush Deck owner as well. I got a cheap plastic trashcan with a lid from Walmart. I think this is the one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-13 ... 1777680294. It's held up nice for 3 years and is easy to clean.

I keep it behind my captain's chair. Very rarely do I have my Eisenglass down and this still keeps it out of the rain. I keep it there on my boat 24/7. It's out of the way unless I need to get in the tackle drawers. I don't have it strapped down and even with 2/3 ft swells in the bay it doesn't move. Also very easy to pull the bag out and put it on the starboard side finger pier to take to the dumpstr.

Unfortunately don't have a good picture, but you can kind of see it in this photo of my pups this past weekend.
Trashcan.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Brian Swisher
2004 Albin 28 Flush Deck w/ 315 Yanmar - "Unleashed"
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

We have a 2005 flush deck and keep a small trash can in the head. Since we don't use the bait tank very often, we usually have a larger trash bag in it.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”