• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1996 6bta and 2007 QSB 5.9 engine questions

GGAlbinTherapy
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Sausalito

1996 6bta and 2007 QSB 5.9 engine questions

Post by GGAlbinTherapy »

Hello Folks,

A newbie here on the hunt to become a curator of an Albin 31. I’m currently running a 21 BW Outrage, and I’m getting a little tired of dressing like I’m going snow skiing in the middle of the Summer when I go fishing out the Golden Gate.

In my hunt, I’ve come across a 1996 with twin Cummins 6bta?? 250 HP engines with approximately 1100 hours each, and a 2007 with the twin QSB 380 HP with upwards of 3800 hours on them.

I would prefer a non QSB due to not wanting to be dependent on sensors properly working all the time, but beggars can’t be too choosy.

So I would invite any opinions on the 1996 builds and the reliability of the older Cummins engines. Please offer opinions on whether 3700 hours on the QSBs are a lot of hours. The QSBs have little paperwork on maintenance, but they look relatively in good shape, but I would like to avoid $40,000-70,000 worth of engine repairs.

I know, I know….I should had bought Irish Wake with its mechanical single 8.3!!!

Any opinions on the above would be very welcomed,

Bests to all,

Steve
Waha1
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Re: 1996 6bta and 2007 QSB 5.9 engine questions

Post by Waha1 »

Hey Steve. Lots of info on both these motors out there. I have some experience with both the Mechanical and Electronic Motors. Im in the SF Bay also. Feel free to contact me to discuss if you like.
Andy

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”