• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 Deluxe on a Boat Lift

Albin's "power cruisers"
cmoffatnc1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental, NC

Albin 25 Deluxe on a Boat Lift

Post by cmoffatnc1 »

Does anyone have any experience with a 25 Deluxe on a lift, trying to sort out the proper bunking. Thanks.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: Albin 25 Deluxe on a Boat Lift

Post by tribologist »

Not sure what the question is. Are you trying to fit a trailer to it? I have a 3D CAD model of it and I also have line drawings I got from the marine history museum in Sweden.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
cmoffatnc1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cmoffatnc1 »

Thanks for your reply.

I have a lift that is rated at 7,000 pounds. I know from the configuration of the hull and the prop/rudder that I will need deeper bunks than those that are currently on the lift for the center console boat I keep there now. The Albin won't be here until next week but I wanted to get a head start as bunks have a lead time.

I also know that the center of gravity on the A25 must be near center to slightly forward of center which may allow the deepest part of the hull to start behind the rear cross support of the lift.

What measurements from my lift would be helpful?
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

The key dimensions are where the bunks are in relation to the center line. Then its easy to make a cross section at that point. What kind of trailer do you have? Here is a drawing on a deluxe on trailer i did for a guy in Sweden and how mine is laying on the trailer. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f4f8d ... 1cec4844f6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

The lift positions and center of gravity are shown in the handbook. https://www.albin25.eu/images/_download ... manual.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
cmoffatnc1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cmoffatnc1 »

Thank you for all of this great information, it will be very helpful. I apologize for not being more clear, we are trying to properly bunk of 4 piling boat lift for our Albin 25. I am attaching photos of our existing lift with my 21' center console on it and a photo of the an empty lift this isn't ours. The bottom supports are 12' wide and 9' apart from front to back. The current bunks are 8" tall and 12 feet long. My guess is we would need to get taller bunks and maybe set them wider on the support? Can you tell from this information and these photos?
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

First draft to get you an idea.. The hull need to lay in its normal position. If you lay it flat you risk water damage in the front. You could add a front bilge pump to deal with it.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Drawing. Once you know what you like to do we can make specific bunk drawings with profiles for both sides. I'm thinking you need to have a flat bed at the center too. THe weight need to be on the keel

Another way that could work well to would be to make it more like a cradle the other way.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

This is of interest to me too. My trailer bunks extend almost the full length of the hull all the way to the transom. That makes it difficult to impossible to crane launch with a Travelift. I'm thinking of modifying the bunks this winter to provide space to run Travelift straps under the hull at the lift points. The lift points drawing is a big help. Thanks Ulf!
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
cmoffatnc1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cmoffatnc1 »

As I understand these drawing which are so appreciated, I have a financial aptitude not engineering, I think the second option of a cradle might work best. The bunks will be deeper which was my initial, uneducated thought. Thank you.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Let me model that up. How wide are your beams?
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

This is a bit challenging... I don't have experience with lifts. Found this that looks pretty good

https://iqboatlifts.com/boat-lift-sling ... adle-lift/

Can you tell me the dimensions of the beams? Are they I-beams How wide and tall. Does the guide post work well? What brand and model is that lift? How do you typically get teh boat on and centered? Positioned fwd-aft?

My pre deluxe model is better than My deluxe model so I will use that. Its very hard to get lofting right on boats... Surface modeling is its on thing.. But the difference between deluxe and Lusalbin as the Swedes call it (liceAlbin.. as in slow as a lice... ) Don't ask.. But as you can see, the difference is all behind the rear beam.
delux-Lusalbindiff.png
Lines-deLuxe1996_14_55_27a-x.jpg

I wonder if the right way is to make a U channel for the keep and then a Vee cradle in the front. The issue is that the bottom sweps up again after midship.
sideview.png
Here is a rear view
rear.png
and a bottom view
bottom.png
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
cmoffatnc1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cmoffatnc1 »

I will get you measurements and photos of my lift empty today. The lift manufacturer is Tide Tamer. Model #700-00. The current boat we pull on and left , then get off boat, lower lift and center/position by hand, then lift again. Thank you for all of your thought and time on this!
cmoffatnc1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by cmoffatnc1 »

My boat is coming here next week and we are trying to get some prep done on the slip where she will be until we get the lift worked out. Can you tell me the height from water line to rub rail? I have tried to scale it from some drawings and looks like 4' ish? Thanks you so much.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Here you go. Its quite a bit higher in the front than the back
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”