• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Restoring Dash Switch Panel

Albin's "power cruisers"
BruceW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: NC

Restoring Dash Switch Panel

Post by BruceW »

As the title says, I'd like to improve the look (and function) of the 12V dash switch panel on my '95 28TE. Most of the posts on the forum seem to deal with upgrading the panel, but I'd like to keep the original look.

Is there any source for the original Albin logo or, ideally, a whole new OE- looking panel?

I think I can work out the switches and fuse holders, but would welcome any suggestions.

Bruce
Ambler27FC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Patuxent River, MD

Re: Restoring Dash Switch Panel

Post by Ambler27FC »

With Albin no longer existing, that may be a tall order. I have a 27FC, but I believe those panels are generally anodized aluminum with laser-etched text. With CAD software you could reverse engineer it and have a replacement made for maybe $200-$500. Or you could order an adhesive backed vinyl decal or other overlay for a good bit less, but there is still the work of reproducing the design. Nice thing about the overlays - if you add a switch or breaker, no problem - just add another layer.

Best luck. I've resorted to weather-resistant labels myself, but I've also thought it would be nice to make some of those panels look new again.
BruceW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: NC

Post by BruceW »

Ambler 27FC, Thanks for the response. Yeah, I knew it was a long shot, but I thought I'd try anyway. I can refinish the surface of the panel itself and mine has glued-on labels which I can replace with the same type or the stick-on ones as you say. I favor the stick-ons. Maybe all I need to find is a source for the logo. And I have a daughter-in-law who is a graphic designer............
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

If you can get your daughter making you a digital design, places like New Wire Marine would be happy to take your $$$ https://newwiremarine.com/custom-switch ... ers-guide/
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”