• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 engine cover

Albin's "power cruisers"
zodiac
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Deep Bay

Albin 25 engine cover

Post by zodiac »

Hello , we have just purchased a Albin 25 without an engine.
Looking for suggestions as to what would be a good one.
Also will be requiring an engine cover.
If you have one or know where I could find one please let me know.
Thanks
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Albin 25 engine cover

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, zodiac! Is that Deep Bay on the way to Comox? The DA crew and we were there for one night on anchor in '18 I think it was. Long day from Nanaimo, well at 6 kts.

Jerridsc might be one to contact for an engine cover, since he converted to electric outboard. See his post below yours about spare shaft and prop. He might have some other stuff for you. Or convince you to go electric..
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Re: Albin 25 engine cover

Post by dkirsop »

What is the year, serial number and model of your Albin 25? The engine cover and engine can vary with the model. Is your exhaust outlet on the port or starboard side. Do you have a 25mm or 30mm shaft?

Depending on your boat configuration I may have an engine that would be of interest to you. It is a recently rebuilt Albin AD21 two cylinder, fresh water cooled, diesel engine. It was a complete overhaul including the injectors, injection pump, cyclinders, valves, seals and bearings. Other than a test run in my driveway it has not been used since the work was done last year.

If you are interested I can send you a video of it running.
Hull No. 1013, 1971

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”