• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

T-Bolt hose clamps

Albin's "power cruisers"
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

T-Bolt hose clamps

Post by sail149 »

Hi folks, I just found these T-bolt SS hose clamps at a good price , correction , the bolt and lock nut are only plated steel , sorry .
Great if you want to replace those pesky worm drive hose clamps ( or Jubliee clips!)
Cheers Warren

https://www.surpluscenter.com/shop.axd/ ... rds=1-5505
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by sail149 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: T-Bolt hose clamps

Post by WillieC »

I, too, found a good supplier of T-bolt clamps. Unfortunately, the bolts and nylok nuts are plated steel. And the clamps are spot welded.
Good enough for my application...actually my cheap a... mindset... (I plan on keeping a close eye on them.)

The expensive ones are so for a number of reasons. Not disparaging your suggestion, Warren. Those clamps may well be the real deal. Hard to tell until side by side.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Good worm clamps are not that expensive but you need to be careful with what you buy. I use 100% ABA clamps under water line and on cooling system. I would not use the perforated ones for anything that matter.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

"I use 100% ABA clamps under water line and on cooling system."

Excellent advice. I cheaped out on potable water system clamps which I will no doubt come to regret.
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Post by sail149 »

When I was poking about my engine ,counting hose clamps, I noticed that all the hoses, and there are a lot on an old 4D61!, had double clamps on them .
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t double hoses clamps only required on hoses connected to thru hulls below waterline ? Seems overkill on all the engine hoses. Been a while since I’ve seen a new engine but I don’t remember that being done.
I’m contemplating replacing all my hoses and that’s a lot of clamps to do at same time especially if I got proper T-bolt type ( if it’s worth it) . About 25 connections 😱
These SS tBolt look resonable but no rolled edges
https://hpsperformanceproducts.com/prod ... ae-64-65mm
Cheers Warren
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”