• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 for sale Whidby Island, WA

Albin's "power cruisers"
Hobbit
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pleasant Harbor, WA USA

A25 for sale Whidby Island, WA

Post by Hobbit »

Yesterday In looked at the nicest A25 that I have seen.

Pretty much all original furnishings and layout.

Vessel is on a dual axle trailer that is in good shape.

The boat has a BRAND NEW, not a rebuilt Beta 25 diesel engine with 4 hours on it and a brand new Webasto diesel heater. This vessel shows pride of ownership and is reasonably priced. It is a great example of a classic.

Disclosure: I am shopping for a Albin 25 as I used to own one moved larger boat for several years and now am downsizing again. I looked this vessel over thoroughly and was extremely impressed with everything about it. After seeing the condition that it was in I felt that the way I would use it would be a shame. We crab, fish, clam, and generally use our boats hard. I just couldnt see using this Albin 25 that way. It should go to someone that understands its value.

It is listed on Craigslist Seattle. Just search "Albin" and if it is still for sale it should come up.

Good luck all. I
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: A25 for sale Whidby Island, WA

Post by tribologist »

Nice looking! Saw that there is a fisherman listed in Portland. Not sure if it is a conversion or an original Fisherman. https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa ... 75604.html
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Ed422
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dundalk, MD

Post by Ed422 »

What happened to the aft cabin? It always makes me sad to see boats "chopped". I also wonder about the weight distribution after changes like that. All those things were part of the design.

Ed
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Ed422 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:46 pm What happened to the aft cabin? It always makes me sad to see boats "chopped". I also wonder about the weight distribution after changes like that. All those things were part of the design.

Ed
Ed, some was made that way. Called Albin 25 Fisherman. My dental insurance has a section where it states it will not cover dental damage from fishing in an Albin 25. I can't imagine a worse fishing vessel. It instantly turns to lay across the waves and roll like a bull trying to throw you out. We tried a few times but even on calm days it's impossible to fish from it.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”