• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Prop for 28 te.

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Esued
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marco Island Fl

Prop for 28 te.

Post by Esued »

Hi and thanks for accepting my request. I’m in the process of buying a 2004 28TE. I’ve got a couple of questions and I’m looking for some advice.
The first boat I’m looking at is the older of the two and has a peninsula beast power plant. I’m a little concerned about the engine and wondered if anyone who has one could tell me a little about it. The second boat I’m looking at currently has the engine removed And being rebuilt. The motor is yanmar 315 hp. The boat also needs a new GEN set. Does anybody have an idea about the cost of rebuilding the existing GEN set with saltwater damage.
I was also wondering which prop pitch would produce the most speed with either engine.
Thank you for your assistance
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Prop for 28 te.

Post by Tree »

I’m again running 20.5 x 19.5 with no cup. My first prop produced 24 knots with the yanmar and 2:1 ratio box. This new prop is 8 years newer in development and I could see the magic 25 knots all going well.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”