• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

SCUBA UPDATE

Moderator: RobS

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

SCUBA UPDATE

Post by Denis »

Well, after a late start this year I finally have a few dives under my belt. The first two dives were night diving for lobsters. For those of you that are near the northeast you already know how good those are to eat. I caught four lobsters each dive which is ok for this time of year. In the spring and late fall when the water is colder it is not unusual to get twelve to fifteen per dive, but for now four is good. They have increased the size limit two times in a year so it gets harder to find the larger ones. Last sunday, one of the other boats on our dock caught a Mako shark, so they cut it into steaks and we had Mako shark steaks and lobsters for a dock cookout.
Last night I went diving for clams. I found a pretty good place to dive for them in about fifteen to twenty feet of water. I checked with the DEP to make sure that area was ok and he said it was fine. It is almost like stealing it's so easy to get them. Now I have four batches cooked and frozen for the winter chowder and fried clams and I have some smaller fresh ones for linguini or in the pasta sauce.
As you can probably tell Im not one for going down to sight see, I like to bring back something I can enjoy.
Diving this friday night if the weather cooperates. Denis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Denis,
My mouth is watering for those shark steaks and lobsters. I can almost taste it.

Good eatin...
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DBM

Post by DBM »

where is Noank?

That sounds like great fun, excatly how close to where you dive did they catch thaty mako. you'll have to excuse my ignorance, i've been hollywoodtized when it comes to sharks.

dbm

Return to “Fishing”