• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ireland Fishing

Moderator: RobS

Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Ireland Fishing

Post by Legacy »

I'm off to Ireland tomorrow evening for a week and plan on packing a fishing rod. We'll be traveling the southern coast. Any ideas on what gear to bring, fish to chase or secret fishin' holes appreciated!

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
don602
Mate
Mate

Ireland fishing

Post by don602 »

Hey Rick, I vacationed in Ireland in the very beginning of June 07. I had thoughts of fishing, bicycle riding and horseback riding.
In the town of dingle and galway the "party boats" came back with a few herring- so I skipped the fishing. I quickly determined a bicycle ride would send me home in a coffin- horseback riding- no western saddle- so it looked too dangerous for me.
I have read the stocked lakes are good for trout.
Ireland is all about the people and the scenery. I went solo, and people were so nice to me. First night there, I was looking for a bar and grill type place to eat. I looked in from the outside, and all the people inside yelled out "come in here"
People actually took off work to show me the scenery and their favorite places. Don't get hung up on good food- because its had to find. Also imagine my supprise to find Bud as one of the most popular beers.

Have a great trip

Don
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks!

Post by Legacy »

Good insights. I'm with my wife too - - not as big a fisherman as she claimed when we were just dating!

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Have a great trip. Beautiful country.

Here's fishing information. http://www.cfb.ie/
Personally I wouldn't have time. Too many pubs :D [/u]
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ireland was great

Post by Legacy »

Had a super time in Ireland. Crazy as it sounds, we found a pub or two. Somehow the Guinness and the Jameson tastes a bit better over there. Decided against bringing fishing gear which was probably a good decision. Now it's time to find the stripers.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"

Return to “Fishing”