• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

sliding window locks?

furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

sliding window locks?

Post by furball »

Neither port nor starboard sliding helm windows lock when closed. The starboard has never locked, the black plastic handle/clip :?: has never lined up with the locking track. It appeared to be set in a different slot than the port window, which worked until today. The port handle simply broke off at the flex point in the plastic.
Anyone replaced these? What's involved? Anyone have a better way to keep the windows from sliding while your running?
Thanks,
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sliding Windows

Post by johnmurray »

My windows appear to lock OK on both sides, but like yours, one of the black plastic grab handles broke off and I have not been able to figure out how to replace it. As a matter of interest the window still locks even with the handle broken off. I just have to pull the forward edge of the window inward slightly and then pull it back to release it.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
fuenstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fuenstock »

Hi,
I have the same problem with my windows. They don't lock, infact i didnt even know there supposed to lock since they just never worked. I've used a small wood dowel to keep them closed, not the best fix though!
hjonas
Mate
Mate

Window locks

Post by hjonas »

Hi Guys,

Its been two years since both black locking clips broke off on the same day!

Short of removing the trim that holds the window in, all around and then replacing them my only solution is to put a dowl in the slot behind the window so that they don't open when going upwind in a steep chop.

I brought this to Albin's attention but never received a reply.

Would like to hear other solutions.

Hank Jonas
A 28 TE
On-Rush

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”