• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Baltimore's Little Italy

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Baltimore's Little Italy

Post by furball »

I was reminiscing about the great restaurants I used to frequent in Little Italy and now I need to go. I would like to go by boat this time and I'm looking for suggestions on the closest / best place to tie up.
Anyone want to join us for a bottle of chianti, Sabatino's salad and a cannoli from Vaccaro's :D
Thanks,
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Ahhh...the veal from Da'mimmo or scampi from Velleggias. Your making my mouth water. Inner Harbor East is on Lancaster st. About 7-8 blocks from Little Italy. How long are planning on staying? There may be a 1 day minimum at the marinas.
Or you could just cruise in and find a spot to tie up along the harbor.

When are you thinking of going?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by furball »

John,
Thanks, called Inner Harbor East today, minimum one day stay. Sounds great for an overnight but pricey for just lunch or dinner. Most of the bulkhead I've seen, the few times I've been in the harbor, seemed to be marked no docking. I may go up Sat. and look around for space. If I tie up there in the future, do I need to contact the Harbor Master? I assume there is still a fee to be paid to someone. I'll let you know when we decide to go. Happy to share a bottle of wine if you can make it.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Raise the habormaster on 16. Very helpful. He will find a spot for you. It's not much. 10.00 or so. (probably more now)
There are some spots around Fells Point and also near the Pavillions.
Keep me mind. It will be a good reason to visit. I haven't been there in a couple of years.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by furball »

I'll be in touch. Thanks for the info. I hope to get out this weekend and check it out. Tried to call the Baltimore Harbor Master office today via phone but no answer. I'll try the radio.
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP

Return to “Cruising”