• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Great Day Offshore

Moderator: RobS

JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Great Day Offshore

Post by JackK »

We decided to make a run to the waters SE of Block Island on Saturday. Left the dock at 4:15am. It was just a spectacular day on the water. Seas were calm and we found abundant signs of life as soon as we arrived. Put out the spread and had a knockdown in the first 20 minutes. Reset the spread and turned back over the same area and hooked up with this 30lb Blue Fin.

After trolling around for a few more hours. We were treated to a wildlife show. A whale surfaced just off our port bow and swam almost through our spread. The part of the whale showing was as big as the boat so I am guessing it had to be about 40'. By the time I grabbed the camera, it was along side the starboard outrigger.

We saw several more whales during the day and then a large sea turtle surfaced near by. Just like the old Wild Kingdom shows ... Felt like Mel Perkins.

Jack
Last edited by JackK on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

That was a great day on the water. Congratulations.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Fishing”