• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Albin owner

VA3MRJ
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Barber Marina Orange Beach Alabama

New Albin owner

Post by VA3MRJ »

My wife Brenda and I purchased a 1978 43 Albin trunk cabin this year. We are sailing cruisers who have decided to go trawerling.We have been on board three weeks this spring removing broken stuff and fixing some leaks. Returning in Janbuary for a month to move the boat to Florida from Pamlico Sound.
This Albin is unusual since it was built by Marine Trader but has an Albin hull. We enjoy her and are looking forward to completeing a restoration. I have restored two sailboats but this will be a bigger project with the five miles of teak to refinish.
Does anyone have a suggestion where we could leave the boat in Florida when we return to Canada? The plan is to come backin the summer for a few weeks holiday and in two years when the boat should be finished. we will live on board and cruise for a year or so.
Thanks so much. David and Brenda Johnson, Kitchener Ontario Canada, formerly sailboat LO N Slo, now " Heather" Albin Trawler.
David and Brenda
43 Albin
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I don't have a suggestion but I like your plan. Your year of cruising might start when ours does...so perhaps we will cross paths or cruise together for a while sometime in the future.
Best of luck with your Albin and happy cruising.
Jay
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Chris C

Post by Chris C »

I don't know where in Florida you want to keep the boat but check out Charlotte Harbor Boat Storage.

http://www.charlotteharborboatstorage.com/
seblyte
First Mate
First Mate

Re: New Albin owner

Post by seblyte »

Depending on where you want to keep her Robbies boatyard in Key West (Stocks island) is a good place to consider. They have an extensive hard storage and your boat won't be hemmed in. Also when you want her launched you can arrange this by phone and they'll have her ready for you when you arrive. Also you can work on her in the yard. Hope that helps. Sebastian

Return to “36/37/40/43”