• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Compliments on your Albin

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Compliments on your Albin

Post by DougSea »

Albin's marketing department - pay attention!

I've had my Albin, a 1997 28TE, for just a bit over a month now. In that brief time I have received dozens and dozens of compliments on the boat! People at my club, at the fuel dock, at marinas, it's amazing! Just this past weekend I stopped off at a popular anchoring spot outside of Northport New York to meet up with my brother and some friends. On the way in I passed a very nice looking Maxum 42. Not really my style but still a very sharp looking (and very expensive) "Sport Yacht". Bunch of people on board having a good time. Went on in and rafted up with my brother and had a nice afternoon showing off the boat to him and the gang. They all loved it. Time to go and I decide to take another look at the Maxum because hey, there are some cute women aboard her and the First Mate’s not with me! As I pass by I see a couple of people watching me and they seem to be yelling something. At first I'm thinking "Did I leave the damn fenders over the side like a sailboater??" But no, they're stowed in the stern. So I slow down and stick my head out the window to hear what they're saying...

"NICE LOOKING BOAT!" and a bunch of thumbs up from the guys hanging out on her stern! How sweet is that! Give them a "THANKS!" back and I'm on my way, feeling quite proud of my little boat!

Doug
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I've found that nice looking and well cared for boats tend to get more than their fair share of compliments. Albins are nice looking, and if you care for it properly......
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Mariner wrote:I've found that nice looking and well cared for boats tend to get more than their fair share of compliments. Albins are nice looking, and if you care for it properly......
Mariner, you are quite correct that well cared for boats get complimented, I've always kept my boats well maintained and been on the receiving end of many nice comments...but NOTHING like those that I get on the Albin. 8) People just seem to love the lines and the look of her. Wondering if others, especially those who've had other boats as well, have had the same experience as I have.
tomcat rio

i think most 'down east ' typ boats...

Post by tomcat rio »

..cape dorys, albins, etc. are similar. the look is ageless, unlike some of the 'sharky' looking new stuff. my brother calls them 'dentist boats' meaning they are usually first boats for people who have a lot of bucks.
i would guess the most downeast type boats are rarely first boats, i was a sailor for 30 years till i got my '93 albin. i pretty much knew what i wanted in a boat. new buyers rarely do.
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

A couple of weeks ago I hear over the VHF...

"Elizabeth Ann, EA, come back to Bergen Point gas dock"

I reply, "This is EA, go BP."

"What type of hull is that EA? She sure is a beauty?"

"It an Albin 28, and she IS a beauty! Thanks Cap."
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Plenty of complements and comments. One of the most often heard is "now, that's a real boat". When I was at the raft-up last week all of the guys came over to see the Albin. I was the smallest boat there, with one of the largest cockpits.
Tomcats brother calls them "dentist boats", I call them "clorox bottles". (yes, I owned one too)
Next year after taking the time to clean up the gel, I'll fall into the well-maintained catagory.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”