• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NJ Blackfish

Moderator: RobS

Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

NJ Blackfish

Post by Capt Ron »

Ever heard the expression “should’ve been here yesterday”? Well, a friend shows up at my house at 8:00 pm last Friday, boat in tow, and shows me his cooler full of Blackfish (Tautog) including five weighing in the neighborhood of ten pounds or more. He procedes to ask if I’d like to fish with him saturday. What can I say? My Albin’s put to rest ‘til april.
Off we go at dawn in a 22 foot center console. Man, I sure do miss the Albin! Wind and spray hitting us in the face at 35 degrees. We’re anchored and fishing his spot at 7:30. Half a bushel of green crabs, ready to clean up!
Did you know that fish can swim? It appears they can. Ten, or was it thirty, times later I hauled the anchor to move ten feet in one direction or other with the same result, lack of fish! Did I mention the Albin has a windlass?
Ended the day with eight keepers up to six pounds. Not a bad meal but nothing like was expected.
It’s now 4:30 PM, the sun is setting. We’re ten miles from the dock and my young friend is asking if I think we should hit the tackle shop (if it’s still open) and buy some eels and hit the striper spots. (Is he crazy? I’m not 30 years old and never will be again!) Needless to say, we got off the water and headed for home.
I don’t know if there’s a moral to this story except to say I know now why I own an Albin!
Owner of 28' TE
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: NJ Blackfish

Post by zinbaad »

Great reason to leave ya Albin in just a wee bit longer. I just love the cabins.. Hey at least you caught a few but dosnt it always seem like :lol: "ya should a been here yesterday"
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: NJ Blackfish

Post by Mariner »

He wanted to go back out at 4:30pm? Ha, this time of year, it's already dark up here by then!

Return to “Fishing”