• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

How big is yours?

Albin's "power cruisers"
Jeff Lavallee
Gold Member
Gold Member

How big is yours?

Post by Jeff Lavallee »

Anchor- what size anchor do you have aboard your 27 AC ? Have you ever had any problems with it dragging?
Fortunate
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Robinhood Marina, Georgetown, ME

Re: How big is yours?

Post by Fortunate »

We have a 25# Danforth, never had a problem. Take a look at the attached ground tackle guide, it might help. There is also a setup from a 27AC that seemed to work well for that particular user.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Kim Suhr
"Fortunate"
27 Family Cruiser
Robinhood Cove, Georgetown, ME
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: How big is yours?

Post by Veebyes2 »

I had a Fortress & about 15' of ground chain on my 27. I had the advantages of a Bruce dramatically demonstrated one night while rafted with another similar sized boat. The other boat had a Bruce. In the middle of the night we had a wind shift. Both anchors pulled.

My Fortress, all clogged with mud & grass, did not reset. The Bruce turned & in less than 2' had reset itself holding both of us securely for till morning when we saw what happened.

The Danforth style has its applications but to sleep without worry it is the Bruce for me these days. I carry a Bruce 33 with about 30' chain on my 32. Never had a failure in hundreds of settings
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”