• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fishing with Rob

Moderator: RobS

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fishing with Rob

Post by RicM »

I had the great pleasure of fishing Saturday and Sunday this past weekend with Rob Schepis (TOY-RIFIC) here in Narragansett Bay aboard Time after Time. While the weather was not great, we fished hard and scraped together 3 decent sized bass from a variety of locations in and around my stomping grounds here in Rhode Island. Rob is an expert fisherman, a great shipmate, and handles an Albin 28 as well as anyone. Best of all, Rob washes a boat like no one I've ever seen, he even washed my ROOF! (see photos). I am suggesting that Rob do a boat wash at the Essex Rendezvous to raise contributions for his new interest, Accurate Reels, a costly but thoroughly satisfying addiction.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Fishing with Rob

Post by RobS »

I was just logging in here to start a thread "Fishing with Ric M" :D

Call me an “expert fisherman” if you wish, but without being in the right spot at the right time with the right bait & tackle it don’t matter much.

We got lucky with the bad weather – when the rain stopped and the sun came out the fishing was over.

Ric was the perfect host, providing room and board and bass too. He even kept the Red Sox chatter to a minimum and I got to go home with a complimentary “Albin Marine” cap. There was also the tour of the town and meeting some locals, including “Faithful Dave”, the man with the big smile as he sawzalls a big hole in your boat.

I was the honored guest - the live and “fresh dead” bait was waiting, along with sandwiches and beverages. We even burnt up a few gallons of diesel during our 2 day hunt. Time After Time is a very well equipped “customized” 28, the least I could do was wash her down good from head to toe, or should I say from roof to water line.

And we proved we are much better behaved when the significant others are far away!

I surely had a better weekend than some folks I met on the ferry between Orient Pt., Long Island and New London, CT. On the ride over Sat afternoon 2 disheveled men, soaking wet from the knees down, and carrying various fishing gear came aboard the ferry. I learned to find out that they crashed there boat into a large boulder just under the surface of the water and started to take on water. They had to run the boat up onto the beach at Plum Island to keep it from completely going down.

And, on the ferry ride home last night, I said to some “Harley” guys that had 3 bikes on a trailer “hey, why are you guys trailering the bikes, it’s a beautiful night and when I had my BMW I rode it all over New England in any weather” One guy very unhappily said, “Well, I blew my engine today” so I decided I had enough interaction with them and proceeded elsewhere on the ferry……

Thanks Ric! See you in Essex
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Fishing”