• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Trading Albins

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Meyer

Trading Albins

Post by Meyer »

AlMar wants to trade his 32 for a 28 . . . wonder how many other Albin owners would love to trade? We have a 28 and I would love to have a 32 . . . but my Captain isn't interested!

I wonder how many other Albin owners have moved from one Albin to another? I would certainly feel good about buying another Albin, even though their customer service after sale has been given many negative comments here and otherwhere.

And, oh, would I love the space on the 32!

Judith
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Assuming similar quality and condition, I would happily trade up. Unfortunately, aside from the 40' North Sea Cutter (with which I was not over impressed when I saw it at the boat show), there is no larger model available than our 36' Express Trawler.

Would I trade down? Probably not, but part of me really does like the 28' TE.
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Trade 32 for 28

Post by irishwake »

What year is the 32 and what kind engine?
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

We went from a 28 to the 35. Got tired of
'making the bed" every morning. The 28 is a great boat but we have enjoyed the space on the 35. I like the bridge, but would like a lower helm too, just not possible with this configuration.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

That has been my biggest confusion over the Command Bridge models. I can't imagine a boat without a lower helm. It just doesn't make sense to me. But I guess that has to do with my location up here in the dripping wet PNW.
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

It can get a little damp and windy on the Chesapeake but nothing like your part of the country. I spent a few days in Seattle several years ago and the weather changed about 20 times in 24 hours.
We do have a hard top with drop curtains for bad weather but it's not a pilot house.
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AlMar »

The 32 is a 1989 with a '95 catapillar 3116. We didn't hear much good news about the cat, but (knock on wood here) we've had zero problems with the engine (Tranny rebuilt 2004), and it's probably nutz, but I change oil about every 50-75 hrs. Gets a lot of compliments at the Dock, but I guess we all do :D
AlMar
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

bnoft wrote:It can get a little damp and windy on the Chesapeake but nothing like your part of the country. I spent a few days in Seattle several years ago and the weather changed about 20 times in 24 hours.
We do have a hard top with drop curtains for bad weather but it's not a pilot house.
You must have been here in Spring. Spring can be very unpredictable. Sunny one minute, raining the next. It's the most tropical like weather you'll ever see here. Today is the first rain we've had since about May I think. Although it will by no means rain constantly, or even every day, when it starts like this, I pretty much go into "indoors" mode. From here until January is the rainy season. It actually started early this year. It usually doesn't start until October.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

We had a 27 aft cabin, bought new, from 1986 to the spring of 2000. It served our growing family very well & was out almost every Sat night.

We got our 1996 A32 'S' type late 1999. No plans to sell the boat any time soon. The Admiral loves it. At the risk of being politically incorrect & sounding sexist, the boat is very much a 'womans' boat. By that I mean it has what many women want in a boat such as a large galley, big head & a huge, for it's size, water capacity at 115gal. The center island queen berth is a big plus too. It is very much a cruising boat first, fisherman second.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “General Discussion”