• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Federal Law

Moderator: RobS

Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

New Federal Law

Post by Carl »

FYI Dont forget to register

http://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/mrip/
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Federal Law

Post by jcollins »

Carl,
I was reading about this today. If I have a license for the boat and take someone out one time during the season. Are they still required to register? When I do purchase a sticker for the boat am I already registered?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

As of today, you will still have to register with noaa anyone on the boat fishing for rockfish. This year it wil be free, and sounds like you can do it on the fly while on your way to the boat over the cell phone. Of course once they start charging money, this wont be so conveiniant. I am still sorting some things out and still researching. It sounds as if MD will move to comply with the feds, which might mean once the sticker for the boat is purchased, you might only need to keep a log. As of today, the purchase of the sticker does not wave the requirment to register with noaa. The real kicker is someone told me that future funds collected will go in the general fund...........not directly towards helping the fish. This I have not confirmed. Sounds like a new tax to me!

The site will be open for registration next week on Jan 1st. Maybe there will be some additional info then.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

John, Here is a copy of an e-mail I received today from the CCA MD. Sounds like next year you will be registered when you buy your salt water sticker, but not this year.

This is another occasional electronic newsletter for all members of CCA MD. It is designed to deliver important information quickly. We also encourage you to seek information on the chapter website, www.ccamd.org.

Anglers must register with NOAA; no cost

In an effort to collect more accurate data that will allow better management of the fishing resource, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is implementing the National Saltwater Angler Registry, which will impact Maryland anglers who fish tidal waters beginning in January.

“Currently, data collected on the number of fish recreational anglers catch is incomplete, and this data is the basis for making management decisions to protect our fishing resource,” said Tony Friedrich, CCA MD executive director. “The better the data; the better the decisions. Thus, it benefits all anglers if we have the most complete information possible.”

Registration will cost nothing for anglers and can be completed either online or via the telephone starting Jan. 1. However, all anglers fishing for anadromous species in tidal waters or for any fish in Federal waters beginning Jan. 1 will have to be registered. This registration is in addition to holding a fishing license.

Those under 16 years of age or anyone fishing solely on licensed charter, party or guide boats will not need to register. Other exclusions include those holding a Migratory Species Angling permit or those fishing under a valid commercial license.

Anglers will be asked to provide their name, birth date, address, telephone number, and regions where they expect to fish. They can register online by going to www.countmyfish.noaa.gov. and selecting “Click Here to Register,” which will be on that page by Jan. 1; or they can phone 1-888-674-7411. Please remember that registrations can not be made until Jan. 1.

Registration is anticipated to be part of the Maryland saltwater fishing license in 2011, according to Friedrich.

Learn more about CCA MD at www.ccamd.org
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Fishing”