• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 45 CB sighted

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Albin 45 CB sighted

Post by powerboater56 »

Cruising through Newport Harbor last weekend, looking at the always interesting array of yachts, I came across an Albin 45 CB docked at the Newport Yachting Center. I did not write down the name, but I think the hailing port was Warwick, RI.

Albin 45 CB's are quite rare -- I doubt they made more than a dozen or so -- this is the first one I have seen cruising. It is a nice looking boat.

Happily my 35CB OTTER seems to be running just fine -- I had a great run a few days earlier from the boatyard in Fall River, MA to my mooring in Jamestown into a stiff, cold southerly. OTTER chugged through the whitecaps unperturbed at 16 knots, my wife and I were warm and comfortable on the bridge with the isinglass zipped up. Wonderful to be out on the water again.
John S.
Jamestown, RI

Return to “Cruising”