• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

canvas enclosurer 27/ac

Albin's "power cruisers"
harleybob
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Saint John NB Canada

canvas enclosurer 27/ac

Post by harleybob »

I was wondering if there is a set of drawings for the enclosurer.....which would include the metal pieces as well.

Thanks

Bob
Fortunate
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Robinhood Marina, Georgetown, ME

Re: canvas enclosurer 27/ac

Post by Fortunate »

I do not know of a drawing available, but we just had a new camper top built. The boat actually came with both a bimini and the original camper top. The original was getting very frail and leaked like a sieve. We had our local canvas shop make up sides and screens for the bimini. He had to add a metal support to create a ridge for drainage. I would be happy to provide some pics if you have interest.
Kim Suhr
"Fortunate"
27 Family Cruiser
Robinhood Cove, Georgetown, ME
harleybob
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Saint John NB Canada

Post by harleybob »

Hi Kim: I would very much appreciate any help including pics.....Bought the boat last year and totally love it. I am not sure what your boat has for a motor ....mine is a nissan diesel...great motor but the dipstick was missing when I purchased the boat...any idea of how much oil it takes when changing oil and filter.

Thanks ..Bob
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Here's a few pics that might help. Agood canvas guy should be able to work with these.

Be sure that the canopy extends past the back off the aft cabin hatch. Also make sure there is plenty of bow in the top to prevent puddling in the middle. Side curtains are nice to have especially if you boat in cooler or wet weather. Turns the whole boat into one big cabin.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Should have posted this pic as well

BTW the boat next to our Albin was our first boat which we had for a few years BC (before children)

With the top down it rests very nicely out of the way on the back of the aft cabin.

My boat was always mooring kept & the boat was always lrft with the top stowed. By swinging the top, in its boot, forward, it rested under the overhang of the hardtop.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Bobster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bobster »

Photo shows a well done canvas enclosure but I do not know who made it- still in xclt condition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Not a drawing, but here's a picture of mine.

Came with the boat when I bought it (used).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
fiti huahine
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Santa Barbara

Post by fiti huahine »

removable sun shade
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

As to the oil fill asked in an eariler post. My Nissan LD28M took 9 Ouarts. That is more than the manual I got with the boat says it takes. The engine sits faily level and I have put about a hundred hours on it since then with no oil related problems. I removed the old oil with a vacume pump through the dipstick tube. I cuold feel the hard plastic tube hit the bottom of the oil pan and I am shure I pulled out all the old oil. I used Shell Rotella T 15w40 and a napa 1515 oil filter. That nubber also crosses to a Pharm PH8A. PM me if you would like and I will share my parts sources and any other mechanical help I might be able to.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”