• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hudson Cruise

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Hudson Cruise

Post by jprohan »

We are thinking of a cruise up the Hudson this summer from Bay Shore, LI. Only have a week so we won't be going to far. Have never been up the Hudson; and would like some input re: nice towns, marinas etc to stop at. Any advicxe would be appreciated.
Jim
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Hudson Cruise

Post by jleonard »

I have been up a few times. You will love the scenery.
There are both nice marinas and some anchorages along the way. I'll have to dig out a chart to give you specifics from our trips.
Here's a start however:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18505819/Huds ... Guide-2009
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: Hudson Cruise

Post by powerboater56 »

Wonderful cruising area -- scenery is awesome, especially around West Point. The navigation is easy, and no worry about tides when you dock. I would recommend a stop in Kingston -- very historic village with good restaurants, maritime museum, and great stone and Victorian houses sprinkled on the steep hillsides above the waterfront.

We stopped at a nice marina in Haverstraw NY. No shore attractions, but there is a nice waterfront restaurant on the grounds.

We spent a night at the town docks in Troy -- there are several fine restaurants within easy walking distance and Troy is filled with interesting old buildings. The town docks don't look especially appealing or sheltered from passing wakes, but Troy ended up being a nice place to stop.

You can find reviews of marinas and towns in the Active Captain web site. If I were to do the cruise again I would make an effort to visit some of the historic old estates on the eastern shore of the Hudson.
John S.
Jamestown, RI

Return to “Cruising”