• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

On to other things

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

On to other things

Post by Denis »

Worked all day yesterday and all day today but the boat is all covered, cleaned out and batteries removed. All tucked away for the cold winter months. I'll go down and check every few weeks just to see her but thats pretty much it.
Now I can concentrate on the firewood and the holidays and all they entail. YeeHaa!
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

If you need a boating 'fix' I have three of them that need attention. I've already put in a month on one in preparation to sell it. The other two won't get hauled till January. Both are goin gto need a bit of surgery this year.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

That working on it fix is not what I would consider having a good time. My idea of a good fix is probably not far off of what any of us boaters would consider a good time.
Anchored up with friends after a day at the beach, grilling up freshly caught bass, tuna or fluke, boiled lobsters, fresh clams corn on the cob and a favorite adult beverage. Watching the sun set over the water and talking and laughing until midnight. That is kind of my idea of a good fix!
How does that sound to everyone out there?
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Veebyes2 wrote:If you need a boating 'fix' I have three of them that need attention. I've already put in a month on one in preparation to sell it. The other two won't get hauled till January. Both are goin gto need a bit of surgery this year.
So just how cold does it get in Bermuda in January/February? Around here I just look at the boat under it's cover, too cold to even consider climbing on-board. I can just see myself telling my wife - "Honey, Doug needs some help on the boat, I'll just be gone for a few days...".
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

You are not going to want to hear this but Jan & Feb day temps are usually in the mid 60s. Chilly for boating but nice for working on the boat.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

If you keep that up, you are going to have a lot of company this winter!
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Chilly :shock: man...here in the winter 28 F is chilly but we feesh in it....
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
TonyAmalfitano

Post by TonyAmalfitano »

I'm going to bermuda!
Headed to the boat to do some chores, temp 40ish, started to rain, went to WM dumped 300 on stuff I don't need. I'll take a temp of 60ish, and work on your boats, and spend your money! :lol:
tomcat rio

last winter i chartered...

Post by tomcat rio »

...a 34 foot sailboat(bare boat) out of tortola, bvi. it probably cost about the same as a hotel room for 6 days. split it with a partner. really hard to get lost down there.
fun even if you don't drink. breaks up the winter pretty well. went in march. might do it again.

Return to “General Discussion”