• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 albin express RPM

txsurbrook
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: houston

36 albin express RPM

Post by txsurbrook »

i'm Planing on buying a single screw Cummins engine boat. What is the best fast speed rpm and what was knots. Cummins info that I have found say 1800 rpm is tops for long runs and 2600 rpm for short intervals. Thanks, I hope the sea trial , and survey go well. And thatI will be using , and meeting you on line. Davud
steveandtina
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: auburn ca

Re: 36 albin express RPM

Post by steveandtina »

i am also in the market for a 36 express but i live on the west coast. are you thinking of getting the one in florida listed at 109k? if so i will take it off my list. i haven't actually been on one yet, but from all i have gleaned from the internet, i am just about positive that the 36 express is the boat i want,, as my dog can join me on the flybridge!! steve :)
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

A Cummins 450C will run all day long at 2400 RPM. 2600 one hour out of eight, but watch the temp when you run it that hard.
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
txsurbrook
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: houston

Post by txsurbrook »

Tuxedo wrote:A Cummins 450C will run all day long at 2400 RPM. 2600 one hour out of eight, but watch the temp when you run it that hard.
Tom, Thanks for the info. Can you give me any guess as to top speed and rpm @ 2400 rpm , and best rpm and speed for mpg. I have read that there was about 33 boats built. How many were single screw? Looking forward to learning more about these good looking boats. Thanks David
wmlovell

Post by wmlovell »

There is a 36 Albin for sale for $99.9K in St Petersburg. Did any of you look at it and if you didn't buy, why not? I'm interested in it but wonder if there are issues that I should be aware of.
Thanks...
billgriggs
Swabby
Swabby

Post by billgriggs »

Steve,
If you are ever in San Diego, Sarandipity is there, be happy to show her to you - I live near Pasadena but can coordinate visit. Bill
Bill & Sara - Sarandipity - 99 Albin 36 Express Trawler - Twin Cummins 330 hp

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”