• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

I wonder what "minor imperfections in the hull"...

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wonder what "minor imperfections in the hull"...

Post by Mariner »

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

He's a member of the board. Maybe albinflorida will stop in and let us know what he means.
What is the retail on that boat? I wonder if he'll let us use the Albin coupon on Ebay? :D
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

One of the reasons I went to RI last month was to look at a 40 across the river. The hull on some, maybe most, of the early 40's were not properly faired and I thnk the factory has taken some in for a refinish. The original ask was around 400 but they are now around 299K. I don't know what Albin plans to do once the 1st production run is sold. The boat handles very well but there are some desisn issues that really need to be corrected before I would consider the 40. Most of these are in the forward cabin; the bunk is too high, resulting in minimal headroom at the forward end. One could sleep feet forward but there is still little room for anything larger than a size 10 foot. none of the drawers have glides; I'm not a naval architect but none of the shortcommings seemed "critical".
It just seems that the layout was not thought thru.
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Albin 40 Imperfections

Post by Albinflorida »

Sorry I'm late. The 40's hull has some cosmetic problems with the layup which make the hull sides look like corregated steel. That's the bad news. The good new is Albin has approved the simple, but expensive fix. Our boat has not been done yet, but will be soon. The boat is still for sale as a dark green boat or buyers choice of Awlgrip color.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”