• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1987 Albin 27 FC Owners Manual

Albin's "power cruisers"
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

1987 Albin 27 FC Owners Manual

Post by JFOkie »

Hi,

I purchased a 1987 Albin 27 FC in December and I'm looking for an owners manual. Just joined the AOG and think it's a great site! I tried looking in the Publications section, but I guess I'm not allowed access to that area. The boat has a Nissan 78hp engine and I have a manual for that, but would take any information, remarks, comments, etc... that anyone has. Some of the words on switches at the helm are worn and I can't make them out.

Thanks,
John
Fortunate
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Robinhood Marina, Georgetown, ME

Re: 1987 Albin 27 FC Owners Manual

Post by Fortunate »

John,

I dont think there is an owners manual for the boat itself, but only for components in the boat. I have an engine manual, transmission manual, head, etc, but nothing for the hull. There are a bunch of publications for the boat, but only sales brochures and magazine advertisements as far as I know.
Kim
Kim Suhr
"Fortunate"
27 Family Cruiser
Robinhood Cove, Georgetown, ME
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

When I purchased my first Albin (27 Express)11 years ago I was disturbed that there was no manual. (My previous boat had been a Hunter 28 sailboat and it came with a very detailed manual that showed all the electrical and plumbing layouts, fittings, etc.) I called the Albin company and spoke to someone who told me that there was no such thing as a manual and he compared a boat purchase with the puchase of a house and asked me if I received a manual with my last house?
I then wrote a polite letter to the company owner and he responded very positvely and indicated that he would start a project to produce a boat manual to go with every boat.
When I purchased my current boat (30FC) new in 2005 it came with a thick binder of manufacturers' manuals for all its component parts but still there was no manual for the boat itself. I guess the planned Albin boat manual project did not see the light of day before the company discontiued production.
I think that part of the reason is that there is a great deal of variation among Albins, even within the same models built in the same year. Last year I had the opportunity to have a close look at another Albin 30FC built the same year as mine and there were a great many differences...not only different engines and controls but even in the layout of deck hatches.
One of the reasons why this site is so popular is that it provides a forum to acquire information that might otherwise be available in a manual...if there was such a thing!
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

This is Albins reputation, Great boats terrible customer service
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SEWARD

Post by AKDW »

I just purchased an 85 27 FC. The info refers to TWO ice boxes. One in in the galley -- how about the other?
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFOkie »

I don't know of a second ice box, but if you find one let me know!
imagine30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Newport, RI

Post by imagine30 »

When we purchased our 86, the owner mentioned that the space under the seat for the table (the bench seat against the bulkhead for the bunk) could be used as a cooler. It does have a hole in the bottom which I assume drains to the bilge. Have never had occasion to use it so I can't attest to how it works.
J O'Brien
WHISKEY ONE
Albin 27 FC, 1986
Coasters Harbor Marina
Naval Station Newport
Brad
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: transient

Post by Brad »

I have a 27 FC. Some 27's have one ice box under the bench seat in the forward cabin and the second was sometimes added to the left of the sink with a lid on the counter. Not all had the second ice box near the sink.
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFOkie »

Brad, thanks for the info. I noticed that there is a drain hole in this compartment, but didn't figure it to be an ice box. My 27 FC has the ice box next to the sink too, much easier to access than the bench seat

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”