• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Any A27s in the NJ/NY/PA/DE area?

Albin's "power cruisers"
loritnj
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Barnegat Bay, NJ

Any A27s in the NJ/NY/PA/DE area?

Post by loritnj »

Hi all,

I am currently a Catalina 27 sailboat owner, but I've grown very interested in the Albin 27 to better meet my current cruising needs. The weird thing is, I can't recall ever seeing one either on land or water in my large Barnegat Bay/Jersey shore area. I did find a friendly local 28TE who gave me some info, but the 27 is priced better for me. While I'm leaning towards to FC, the Sport is also appealing, but it's all theoretical at this point.

Are there any owners within a couple of hours from NJ who would like to show off their FC or Sport for 15-30 minutes so I can see one for real before I embark on any long distance travel to actually purchase one? I'll even bring coffee!

Thanks for any help you can give me; feel free to shoot me an email or leave a note here.

Lori
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Re: Any A27s in the NJ/NY/PA/DE area?

Post by JFOkie »

Lori,

Although Southern New Hampshire is more than a few hours from New Jersey, if you ever head north let me know and I will be more than happy to give you a tour of my 27 FC and surrounding area.

Both boats are very nice and have great features. I chose the FC because I didn't want to sleep where I ate and the rear berth also provides a guest room in case you have company. I also have a full camper enclosure for the cockpit that comes in hand during bad weather; this makes a nice "living room" between the forward and aft areas of the boat.

Good luck in your search!

John
"Nirvana"
loritnj
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by loritnj »

John,

Thanks for the offer, if I head north to visit my relatives later in the summer, I may give you a shout!

I agree about the A27 FC; the whole idea of leaving the table UP and going to bed elsewhere, yet still having plenty of options for company is very appealing.

Lori
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Lori-

I feel your pain. I had the good fortune to see an Albin 27 FC up close and personal, for sale, and only 1/2 hour from my home. I liked it so much that I made an offer on it. Unfortunately, we were still a few $K apart so I had to pass.

I've also looked at Albins in upstate New York (12 hours round trip) and Maryland (3 days, but included a mini vacation). I bought the Maryland one. Had I not seen the first one near my home I don't know if I would have persued the others. Glad I did.

Anyway, Google "Southold, NY" and if it works for you I'll be happy to show you my Maryland purchase. She's a 1984 Albin 27 FC.

Grande White Chocolate Mocha, please. :)
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
loritnj
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by loritnj »

Hetek,

Thanks, that could work for me, and I can definitely provide the coffee order! I'll send you an email and see what we can come up with for a convenient time.

Lori

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”