• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Made a visit today!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Made a visit today!

Post by Denis »

There was a little break in our winter weather today and I have not gone to see her in a several weeks so I made the trip down to check and make sure everything was alright with Red Stripe.
I also brought my new horn down to make sure it was going to fit. The horn that comes standard is so wimpy I asked for another one for Christmas. I'll mount it in the spring. The marina was very active today and I met several of my friends and we did a little celebrating while we were there. Every day that passes is one day closer to launch day.
Denis
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I hear ya!! I haven't been down to the boat in TWO WHOLE WEEKS!! At least the latest cold snap doesn't have me thinking of launching in February anymore!

Speaking of 'hearing you'; what kind of horn did you get? Mine's awful and I've been thinking of mounting a two bell AIR horn. Just have to figure out where to hide the compressor.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

It's a stainless steel dual trumpet made by Ongaro, m#10028. My wife bought it at Defender I think. I don't know what it sounds like but it sure looks louder than the original.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

It's been a couple of weeks for me too. Saturday was nice so I stayed home. We were going to go Sunday but it turned cold and windy. Today we had flurries. Later this week more snow. <sigh>
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”