• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Stray Black/White wire near Sump

rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Stray Black/White wire near Sump

Post by rebuckley »

Hi Guys -

I was wiring in a new sump pump ('82, 36 ft Classic) and I found a black wire (with a white stripe) that was cut off and hanging.

I have been trying to trace it back to the panel to see where it is supposed to go, but so far to no avail. I have looked over the schematic in the Albin book - but I do not see a "Black/white" wire listed.

Anyone come across this little guy before?

Thanks - Reb
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
papafu

Re: Stray Black/White wire near Sump

Post by papafu »

I have two such wires. According to a wiring color scheme document, black with a white stripe is the generator shut down wire. I've been culling all such critters from a variety of locations in an effort to clean up a mess. Yesterday I was also working on the "sump pump" near the forward bilge pump and decided to install forward and aft sump boxes rather than have the shower and sink water empty into the bilge.
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rebuckley »

Papafu - the sump box is exactly what I am setting up for as well. My b&w wire is definitely not for our generator. The way it is cut I would have thought it terminated at the old sump pump - but I can not figure it out.
Reb Buckley
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
seblyte
First Mate
First Mate

Post by seblyte »

Hi Guys, the black and white wires will be off old sump pumps
oenghus
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Solomons, MD

Post by oenghus »

Can anyone give eme a source for a wiring diagram of a 1981 Alrin trawler. If there ever was one after three previous owners it is lost.
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rebuckley »

I have a schematic - from original Albin text.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Reb Buckley
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
oenghus
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Solomons, MD

Post by oenghus »

Thanks for the diagram. Although my 1981 has been greatly modified it will be a great help in the future.

Return to “36/37/40/43”