• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2002 ET36 VA Vacht Brokers 149K

joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: 2002 ET36 VA Vacht Brokers 149K

Post by joreyn »

Donnya (Don and Taunya Lankhar) took that shot after we crossed paths on Lopez Island. We were probably doing 12 knots SOG. There's a lot of current in that area so we were getting some push as I recall. At 10 knots I'm running at 1800 RPM and burning just under 1 mpg on each engine.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

Thanks for the photos. Does the crane base tube go thru down to the hull, maybe with a structural seat in the hold? It looks like with the crane on the port side, that also helped with the typical stbd list per above. Also, it looks like the running attitude is good. Do your props rotate outboard in forward, as I understand most twins do? Mine rotate opposite, toward the center, in forward. I suspect this creates more bow lift at speed. Anyone know?
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Yes the crane is supported by a beefy tube that runs down to a base below the cockpit. It does help with the list. When the RIB is up on top, they cancel each other out.

That's a good question about the props. With the V-Drives, the engines are mounted "backwards." Could that mean the props rotate inboard? What does that do to performance, if anything?
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
D.Gideon
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Camden, ME

Post by D.Gideon »

Joreyn,

We downsized to the 28TE from the GB32 due to lack of time and the painful maintenance - have more time now. Also, we would like more clothing storage and a separate shower as we would like to spend many weeks at a time aboard. At one time my dream boat was a single engine 36 Europa. Corrently it is a Krogen 39!

What are the maitenance items you were thinking of on the ET36?

Thanks,

David.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Just cleaning and polishing, maintaining the engine and transmission, staying on top of the batteries, etc.

The baby grand required constant varnishing in addition to the above. That got a little old.

Love those 36 Europas. But then I love my 36 Express Trawler too.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
902dlw
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Severn River, Annapolis, MD

Post by 902dlw »

We are having survey and sea trial on "Balboita".
arcticspud
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor, WA

Post by arcticspud »

How did the sea trial and survey go? A buddy of mine was going to fly out to look at the boat...you beat him to the punch.
36 ET
Twin 6BTA 270
Hull #1
Happy Place
Gig Harbor, WA
902dlw
First Mate
First Mate

Post by 902dlw »

Sea trial and survey went well. A few items need to be addressed. Most important was vibration during sea trial. It will be corrected once the problem is determined by the Cummins expert. We re looking forward to bringing her home to Annapolis.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

There are several posts on this site about vibration in the single screw version of the 36ET. My recollection is that the source was not in the drive train. Rather, it was related to the design of the keel/skeg. Try the search feature and I think you'll find that information.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
richard42
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Little River, SC

Post by richard42 »

I have a 36ET that underwent a modification of the keel to correct vibration at the higher speeds. It does not vibrate at any speed including WOT. The keel correction is explained on this site along with some pics. The problem is not the engine or the drive train.
902dlw
First Mate
First Mate

Post by 902dlw »

Thanks. Read the thread on vibration. Our broker e-mailed today saying they found a broken motor mount. Sounds scary to me. Why or how does only one motor mount break? Could be as simple as fatigue? If so I think all four should be replaced. Anyone have any thoughts?
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Be sure to have the engine alignment checked. Misalignment = vibration = stress on mounts, etc. Check the appearance condition of the mounts. The threaded posts need to remain serviceable. Compare the mounts to one another. If one of the four mounts looks much worse than the others then that would tell you something on the raw water side of the engine had let go in the passed or there was a repeated leak of some kind.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
902dlw
First Mate
First Mate

Post by 902dlw »

We were told that "They have ordered a new one and will install, align and seatrial. Part should be in within the next day or so". Maybe by next week we can bring her home.
902dlw
First Mate
First Mate

Post by 902dlw »

They are replacing all the engine mounts. May be ready to close on Wednesday.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

902dlw wrote:They are replacing all the engine mounts. May be ready to close on Wednesday.
Good luck!! :D
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”