• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
wonderland

Post by wonderland »

Hi All,
I have had my boat for three years now and have been wondering if there was a place for information. My previous boat was a Mako and they have a great site classic mako.com. My boat is a 1997 28 with the pennisular. I am wondering how many of you have this engine and how you feel about it. I have had a few problems with mine. I did not know about the reputation of pennisular before I purchased my boat. I always thought any diesel would be fine and run along time. I just hope my luck continues like last season, nothing but regular maintnace. All said I realy like the boat and can`t wait until may. I hope to be an active part of this site and look forward to learning more about all of you.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Wonderland,
Welcome to the board! There are quite a few of us with Peninsular. We have all heard the horror stories. What problems did you have? The bad reputation is a hot topic around here. Watch out for Tomcat!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
wonderland

Post by wonderland »

I have had a few but most of them started I believe with the previous owner doing to much himself. I had bad fuel wich caused a bunch of problems, the worst of wich was the injection pump. The engine scince I haved owend it has had a new turbo paid by the old owner and an injection pump paid by me wich I was not that impressed with. So now I am hoping for more trouble free boating.
wonderland

Post by wonderland »

No opinions on the peninsular, I find that hard to believe.
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

I have a 94 28'TE with a Peninsular and am very happy with it. Owned it for two years and no problems at all. Nice to have another Peninsular ower on the site. Welcome, this is a GREAT site as you'll see. Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

wonderland wrote:No opinions on the peninsular, I find that hard to believe.
I should have mentioned. I have the 400-TA - 310. No problems yet.
End of season totals: 395 gallons of fuel. 120 hrs. / 3.92 GPH
Total hours on the engine 785.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Peninsular bad wrap, generally fine

Post by Legacy »

I just sold my 1994 Albin TE with the Peninsular diesel. Got her with 125 hours and racked up another 1700 with minimal but typical problems. Needed some work before I sold her - - injectors, starter, belts/hoses and I changed out the risers & elbows. But I figured I got a lot of great use out of her and the work was due. The Peninsular made her very difficult to sell because of reputation. I had so much great boating with her I bought another Albin. If the engine was a big problem, I probably would have changed boat brands too. Took many, many offshore trips (25-50 miles out) and always got home safely and economically.

Good luck!

Rick
"Legacy"

Return to “New Member Introductions”