• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

stern rub rail corners 27FC

Albin's "power cruisers"
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marathon, FL

stern rub rail corners 27FC

Post by eseyoung »

I know i read someone found, made or had made replacement corners for the the rub rail corners. i am not able to find the orginal post or any replacement parts. I have one that is MIA all together and another that is about half missing. I have searched the net and cant find anything even close. The closest thing i can find is corners for docks. I think they MAY work...has anyone found anything that is close?
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: stern rub rail corners 27FC

Post by eseyoung »

Ok found the original post...it wasn't much help. any ideas. I don't have the skills to make a new fiberglass ones...any alternatives.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Can you post a photo or two? That will enable folks who aren't directly familiar with the part to chime in.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by eseyoung »

sorry for the bad pics. The piece in question is that joins the side rub rail to the stern.

the 3rd pic is somehting that i made up this afternoon...i am not sure how it will look installed. so if anyone has anything better i am all ears.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by eseyoung »

one more of new and old together. Don't tell my wife i had boat parts in the kitchen.

I made it out of a porch post cap. Like i said not sure how i feel but it will serve the job till i find something better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Vic K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Houston

Post by Vic K »

Have you thought to use thicken epoxy to repair the original? Put it on in layers once dry sand and paint. Should be an easy fix.
eseyoung
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by eseyoung »

considered...but one is missing. If someone had some fiberglass skills (i don't) i think this wold be very easy to make. But i wouldn't know hwere to start.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”